Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chickpea and Broccoli Salad



Yummy, Healthy and Fresh!!!! These three words are perfect for this salad. Whenever I want to eat something lite I usually Google for salad recipes but when you get some good recipes half of the ingredients are not available in India or they are very expensive( I know some of you are facing the same problem). Then I end up searching for their substitutes and by doing this I have learnt about ingredient substitution. It has enabled me to make those ingredients from scratch. 


While making this salad I did not have Dijon Mustard at home so I had to make it from scratch and believe you me it is very easy to make. 

This recipes contains Chickpea which is good source of protein specially for vegetarians like me :) and excellent  for weight loss and diet control. Greens like Broccoli and flat leaf parsley. Broccoli is low in saturated fat,  very low in cholesterol and good source of protein. 

You can serve this salad as a light dinner or lunch with delicious dressing.You can even dress it ahead by a  day  but broccoli will change its color but I don't mind it as it tastes better the next day. It's very delicious and fantastic light dinner!! ENJOY :)


Ingredients
Printable Recipe

  • 2 Cups Broccoli
  • 2 Cups Boiled Chickpeas 
  • 1/2 Cup Coriander
  • 1/2 Cup Green Onion
  • 1/2 Cup Walnuts
  • 2 Garlic clove minced
  • 1 Teaspoon Lemon zest
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Honey
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon Lemon juice
  • 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
  • 3 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt and  freshly ground black Pepper to taste
Directions :-


  • Steam broccoli florets until tender.

  • Once cool combine with chickpea, coriander, green onion, coriander and walnuts.

  • In a bowl combine garlic, lemon zest, honey, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil and salt and pepper. Whisk until combine.

  • Drizzle this dressing on broccoli mixture and adjust seasoning. 
  • Enjoy guilt free meal.. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...