Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sinfully Rich Chocolate Brownie


I am not a huge chocolate fan, But I just love "Sinfully Rich, Moist and Fudgy Chocolate Brownie. I have had  horrible track record with Brownies, somehow, I always manage to burn them. I have read lots of interesting stories about the origin of Brownies. The most popular story
about the origin of brownie is about a housewife in Maine. It says that the lady forgot to add baking powder to a chocolate cake she was making. The cake did not rise, but it was delicious.. 

After trying so many recipes this recipe did not get "BURNT" :) .. It came out very moist, rich and fudgy. DO Not Over-Bake. I really like one thing about this recipe,  you can add anything in the "ADD ON" .. I added milk chocolate chip, dried cranberry and walnuts. But choices are unlimited.. I can not wait to try out with Miniature marshmallow and Fudgy sauce..

I wanted to write so many things but I am really busy with Diwali preparation... So I have to stop here...  

I want to share one thing with you guys: I just love to read, but I am not good at writing! Reading books after books inspires me to be a novelist. :)  However I have not even written one essay in my life.. Writing two paragraph also takes a lot of time and effort but I am loving it !! So please bear with me for my writing. :)

Ingredients

  • 1/2 Cup Butter
  • 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 Teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1/2 Cup Flour
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Add on ( your choice )
  • 1 Cup Raisins
  • 1 Cup Dried Cranberry
  • 1 Cup Walnuts
  • 1 Cup Chocolate Chip
  • 1 Cup miniature Marshmallow
  • 1 Cup M&M
  • Or whatever You Want
Directions:
  • Preheat oven at 180 Degree C .
  • Grease an 8" square pan and line with foil.

  • In a bowl combine melted butter and cocoa powder. Stir until dissolved.

  • Add sugar and mix well
  • Add eggs one at a time. stir until well blended.

  • Add vanilla, flour and salt mix until combined. Do not over mix.

  • Fold in add on of your choice. ( I used 1/4 cup cranberry, 1/4 cup raisins, 1/4 cup milk chocolate chip and 1/4 cup walnuts )

  • Spread in pan and bake for 25 minutes. Check after 25 minutes. Do the toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs not clean.
  • Cool completely and cut into squares.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...