Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chocolate Snap



"The Simple Act of Making Someone Something to Eat"- Nigel Slater

First Time I saw Nigel Slater's show on Travel and Living Channel and I fell in love with him ( I hope hubby is not reading ). The show's name is "Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking". While watching the show I was wondering how this man can get us hooked to fancy foods that are turned into irresistibly simple recipes and that too with his simple cooking style.  I did not know his name while I was watching the show. I googled the show's name
and Google gave me all the answers I needed. He is just Simply Awesome!



In last week's episode He made these delicious looking chocolate snap. I could not wait to try them out. I made them at that very moment. These look beautiful, crafty and very easy to make. I did not have the exact ingredients he used ( he used sea salt flakes and crushed candied rose petals ), so I chose my own toppings like Raisins, dried cranberry and chopped nuts. He called  this recipe as "Sea Salt Chocolate Snap". These Chocolate snap taste Fabulous with wine or Rosy cranberry cider. 



Ingredients:-
  • 1/4 Cup of Dark Chocolate (good quality)
  • 1/4 Cup of White Chocolate
  • 1 Teaspoon of Chopped Nuts ( I used Pistachios and Almonds )
  • 1 Teaspoon of Chopped Dried Cranberry
  • 1 Teaspoon of Chopped Raisins 

Directions 
  • Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl on a double boiler. Melt the chocolate.

  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Carefully drop a teaspoonful of melted chocolate on the paper, spreading it out thinly with the bottom of the spoon. While the chocolate is still hot decorate the disc with your favorite toppings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...