Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mini Pirates Cupcakes

My friend (Ivleen) called me last Sunday and informed me about the Theme Party she was planning for her elder daughter's 9th birthdayThe theme was "Pirates"This inspired me to bake these mini cupcakes for her party.I really enjoyed making them and I am sure you will also enjoy looking at them..When my younger daughter Aaesha(she is 2) came home from school and said "Mumma tame keklu saru banayvu chhe".That means Mumma have made so beautiful cakes.I felt I have satisfied and had sense of achievement. :)She helped me to put little flags on it and said mumma see I can make these too.I have used butter cream icing for frosting.My friend Amy used  to make these cupcake for various special occasions.


Cupcakes

Samgari (ingredients) 

  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 cup castor sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cup warm milk
  • 1/2 oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Vidhi (directions) 
  • Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius.
  • Mix ingredients together in the order given.
  • Beat for 2 minutes.
  • Pour into paper lined mini muffin tins filling under just 2/3 full
  • Bake for 12 to 10 minutes or until the cupcakes test done(do not over bake as they will be dry).
  • Cool completely before frosting
Butter Cream Icing

Samgari(Ingredients)
  • 1cup butter
  • 3 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1 tsp milk
  • 1 tsp light vanilla
  • 1/8 tsp salt
Vidhi(Direction)
  • In a bowl combine butter,sugar and salt.
  • Beat till blended.
  • Add the milk and vanilla.
  • Beat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy. 






  •   I created these flags at home and enjoyed doing that. It was a very spontaneous thought of getting the printouts of the "pirate" symbol. It reminded me of Johnny Depp in "Pirates of the Caribbean"
  • As for eggless recipe you can substitute 2 eggs with half a cup of curd.
  • Wish you a very Happy and Funfilled Baking.
  • My expectations are your comments. Do let me know if you have any experience.

1 comment:

  1. sounds delicious swati kaki, i hope we can make these one day

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...